Mozilla released the beta 4 version of Firefox 3.6. The update contains over 100 fixes from the last Firefox 3.6 beta, containing many improvement for web developers, add-on developers, and other users. Almost 70% of the Firefox add-ons have now been compatible with Firefox 3.6 beta. You can also download and install the Add-On Compatibility Reporter and report to add-on author will appreciate it!
The Beta of Firefox 3.6 / Gecko 1.9.2 introduces several new features for users to evaluate:
- (New in this version) Support for the HTML5 File API
- A change to how third-party software integrates with Firefox to increase stability.
- The ability to run scripts asynchronously to speed up page load times.
- A mechanism to prevent incompatible software from crashing Firefox.
- Users can now change their browser’s appearance with a single click, with built in support for Personas.
- Firefox 3.6 will alert users about out of date plugins to keep them safe.
- Open, native video can now be displayed full screen, and supports poster frames.
- Support for the WOFF font format.
- Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.
Web developers and Add-on developers should read more detail about the many new features in Firefox 3.6 for developers on the Mozilla Developer Center. For the full list of changes since the alpha release of Firefox 3.6 see this list (it’s big).
Please use the following links to download Firefox 3.6 Beta, or visit the beta download page: